Club Rio Outdoor Center located 1.5 kilometers directly below the resort along our beautiful stretch of Arenal River frontage. This is a “Must See” amenity of The Springs Resort and Spa offering some of the most unique adventure activities in Costa Rica including Inflatable River Kayaking, River Tubing, Horseback Tours, Rappelling, Hot Springs and a Wildlife Preserve for rescued animals.
Please don’t miss our “Calcium Canyon” hiking trails where you can take a quick circular loop hike and see natural hot springs welling up from the forest floor and the beautiful calcium formations the water makes on its path to the river. Midway along this hike there is an incredible “Guacima” tree that has enormous buttress roots 20 feet wide and offers a mystical photo opportunity. Before or after your activities you can relax in hot spring pools just meters away from the scenic Arenal River or take a dip in a natural river pool where hot water percolates from the sand beneath your feet. It is a spectacularly beautiful and natural environment great for swimming or relaxing in a lounge chair and watching the river flow over the rapids.
Club Rio Combo
An activity that starts in the morning, the customer chooses from any of our premier tours (Hanging Bridges / Volcano / Safari float), once the activity its over will drive to The Springs Resort, there will have a delicious lunch.
At Club Rio, we get a chance of choosing 1 out of 4 tour options (kayak, tubing, Rappel, horseback riding) and once completed will be waiting for the «WildLife Sanctuary Tour».
Finally after a long day of fun activities will get to enjoy the «Perdidos» Hot Springs and finish with a grand finale dinner. A whole day of fun, adventure and pleasure. All reservations must be notified in advance with the chosen activities, and there will bet vegetarian option meals.
- We´ll pick you up at the arrange reservation spot and timing
- Them will drive about 30 minutes to tour premier choice (Hanging Bridges / Volcano / Safari)
- Once the activity we provided you with 10 minutes to use the rest rooms
- Depending on the chosen activity is how the tour will be develop
- Arriving at «The Springs Resort will be a short drive and there will pick the activities suggested.
- «Wildlife Sanctuary Tour» is another activity on the list, a lot of animals that have been rescued and are now in rehabilitation, as we collaborate with a guided tour to make the most out of it.
- The «Los Perdidos” hot springs are an excellent place to relax before you can enjoy a well deserved dinner.
- Finally the return to your hotel, reserved hot springs , or your designated «Drop off»
An all day tour with various activities involved, the type of path is chosen according to activities pick, approximate timing back to your hotel 20:30 hrs.
Things to Know
- Tropical Rainforest (much chance of sudden rain) recommend umbrellas
- A path with ups and downs but nothing impossible
- Always wear closed and functional shoes for walking on mountain trails.
- Not allowed to wear sandals or any open toes shoes. Only on water tour will be allow sandals
- Always drink water (we provided water bottles)
- You can bring a camera, always take pictures without the flash at wildlife
- In the paths must be silent, or speak in a moderate tone.
- Bring bathing suits for the Hot Springs and spare changes of clothing to have dinner